Thread: SSS In Person Meetings Are Coming Back

Default SSS In Person Meetings Are Coming Back

I'll send this out in Jibeset in a few minutes:

-------------8<---cut-here---8<-----------------

Attention, SSS racers!

IN PERSON MEETINGS IN ALAMEDA ARE COMING BACK. Please save the following dates, from 7-9 PM:

* Thursday August 8 for a SSS Drakes Bay Skippers Meeting & LongPac Awards Meeting
    * Wednesday September 4 for a SSS Halfmoon Bay Skippers Meeting Drakes Bay Race Awards Meeting
    * Wednesday October 2 for a SSS Vallejo 1-2 Skippers Meeting & Halfmoon Bay Race Awards Meeting
    * Wednesday November 6 for a SSS Vallejo 1-2 Awards & 2024 General Membership Meeting

We plan to meet at Oakland YC, and we'd love to see you there.

Experimentally, I've uploaded a zipped SSS .ics calendar to the sfbaysss.org forum at https://www.sfbaysss.org/forum/showt...4658#post34658 . You can try downloading, unzipping, and then importing into your favorite calendar program to have reminders about registrations, races and meetings.

Credit for the agreement with Oakland YC goes to SSS Commodore Chris Case, so thank you Chris!

And thank you for racing with the SSS.

Richard
    2024 SSS Race Chair

Will meetings still be available on Zoom?

I hope so. Getting to a weekday evening meeting from Marin or San Francisco is a real commitment.

Thanks,
    John

Quote Originally Posted by fauxboat View Post
    I'll send this out in Jibeset in a few minutes:

-------------8<---cut-here---8<-----------------

Attention, SSS racers!

IN PERSON MEETINGS IN ALAMEDA ARE COMING BACK. Please save the following dates, from 7-9 PM:

* Thursday August 8 for a SSS Drakes Bay Skippers Meeting & LongPac Awards Meeting
    * Wednesday September 4 for a SSS Halfmoon Bay Skippers Meeting Drakes Bay Race Awards Meeting
    * Wednesday October 2 for a SSS Vallejo 1-2 Skippers Meeting & Halfmoon Bay Race Awards Meeting
    * Wednesday November 6 for a SSS Vallejo 1-2 Awards & 2024 General Membership Meeting

We plan to meet at Oakland YC, and we'd love to see you there.

Experimentally, I've uploaded a zipped SSS .ics calendar to the sfbaysss.org forum at https://www.sfbaysss.org/forum/showt...4658#post34658 . You can try downloading, unzipping, and then importing into your favorite calendar program to have reminders about registrations, races and meetings.

Credit for the agreement with Oakland YC goes to SSS Commodore Chris Case, so thank you Chris!

And thank you for racing with the SSS.

Richard
    2024 SSS Race Chair

Thank you, Jkalucki, for raising the topic.

I'm happy to take forum feedback on zoom vs in-person vs attempting both, at least for the next race or two. My recent experience elsewhere with another OA attempting both made for a poor experience on both sides: the in-person attendees had to wait around quite a while for network problems and A/V setup issues that just don't happen in an already-set-up home, and the remote attendees could not hear the questions or even some of the answers. But if we did try both for a couple of races, I expect we'd have experience with how many people "voted with their feet," and could use that to decide going forward.

Sending this out via Jibeset:

-----------------

Hello, SSS Racers.

This is a reminder that in person meetings at Oakland YC are coming back, and we'll be at OYC in ~2 weeks on Thursday August 8 from 1900 to 2100. Join your fellow SSS'ers to socialize and discuss racing.

We'll do an in-person skipper briefing for the upcoming Drakes Bay races.

In addition to Drakes Bay, we'll ask some Longpac and Singlehanded Farallones people to talk about their experiences.

As an added inducement, an anonymous member is covering the first $200 of the bar tab.

Thank you for racing with the SSS.

Richard

ps. In case you missed it, registration is open for Drakes Bay. Like all 2024 SSS races, this event is FREE to SSS members, and $35 for non-members. Just register by 2359 July 31. Costs go up $10 in the last week of registration (August 1 to 2359 August 7).