Thread: SSS (& YRA) Drakes Bay Volunteers Wanted

Default SSS (& YRA) Drakes Bay Volunteers Wanted

Hello, SSS Racers!

The Singlehanded Sailing Society is running the cityfront side of SSS / YRA Drakes Bay races on August 10 & 11.

If you are not planning to race, I could use 1-3 people to help each day.

Saturday August 10 is going to be quick, about two hours or slightly over, for checkins and the start. I expect checkins will begin no later than 0830, the start sequence will begin 0940, and everyone except me can be done by 1030. You'll be on your way well before lunchtime. (I will stay until mid afternoon when the Drakes Bay side is on station, so the Coast Guard has a contact person at all times.) We need a team of at least three, but four preferred, so myself + two or three other volunteers.

Sunday August 11 will be longer, but less intense, as we wait for finishers. We need a team of one or (better) two, so myself and one volunteer, to cover the period from noon until the race ends. I can cover the first two hours myself, but I would really appreciate someone to help for the hours from 1400 until the end. And perhaps make a dinner run to get some sandwiches from Safeway. Often the last finisher arrives in the early evening, but boats will have until 2100 before they are automatically DNF.

A crack team of Inverness YC people will handle the Drakes Bay side of these races on behalf of YRA.

I know this is early outreach, but I need to be more organized, sooner. So please let me know if you can help by sending email to racechair@sfbaysss.org as soon as you know your plans.

Thank you for all your past or future help for SSS (and YRA).

Bump!