Thread: Favorite Corinthian or Round the Rocks or Farallones shirts?

Default Favorite Corinthian or Round the Rocks or Farallones shirts?

Hello!

If you have a favorite shirt, or shirts, from Corinthian or Round the Rocks or Farallones, please post a photo.

I'm curious about what people liked.

This is not a SSS shirt but was one of my all time favorites, I took a picture when I finally wore the shirt out. I believe it was held on April 1. Name:  dhf.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  139.5 KB

Thank you Breezetrees, that is a really good one.

Anyone have SSS shirts they really liked?

The SH Farallones fleece-lined sweatshirts - sometimes a hoodie, sometimes not. Pirate's Lair has the traditional and valued SHF artwork for the back. It was a shirt worth wearing for a race that often kicked your butt. Rebecca Hinden is still waiting for hers - she raced the SHF the year the good shirts went away. While 2006 was a favorite (for obvious reasons), my favorite for colors was the 2012 SHF sweatshirt - white and silver on slate blue.

Three Bridge Fiasco: A quality, heavy long-sleeved tee with fun, 3BF-appropriate logo. The favorite Corinthian shirts were those with the pirate map (again, Pirate's Lair already has the design). The original was black - arrr! Better colors are light so we can wear them while sailing.

Designing them was fun and handing them out was a great way to meet the skippers you only saw from across the water. We've lost so much in recent years. SSS is sitting on loads of cash - bring back the quality shirts we always provided WITH YOUR ENTRY FEE.

Name:  2005.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  3.00 MBName:  2006.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  3.48 MBName:  2012.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  3.46 MB
    Last edited by BobJ; 07-09-2024 at 01:00 AM.

Thank you very much BobJ. It's nice to see the favored Farallones artwork. This year's Farallones merch looks one-sided and graphically limited to the words "Farallones Race 2024" under the SSS logo on the left breast, all in a single color.

I cannot find older Corinthian or Round the Rocks artwork on the Pirates Lair site.

Winning makes any year a good year, but 2006 also has all the reaching in its favor. Glad they added "1st place" for you.

I'm kind of fond of this one.Name:  20240717_184203.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  2.86 MB

Thank you Critter!

That's pretty good!

Personal experience with the new T-shirt system has not been good.

1) Ordered and received a 3BF t-shirt in early March with no problems.

2) On April 4, I ordered RTR and Corinthian shirts. Credit card charged, but nothing ever shipped. Eventually got a refund on July 1. I really just wanted the shirts.
    -- 6 weeks after my order, I checked in on it. the owner (?) called me to apologize and promised to get them out very soon.
    -- a additional month later I asked for a refund because I was tired of waiting. It took another follow up from me and a couple more weeks to finally get the refund. I was hoping he would insist on sending me the shirts instead.

Did anyone get RTR or Corinthian shirts? My hunch is that ordering for individual events is so sparse it's not worth Pirates Lair's effort to make and ship them.

In any case, I'm not planning to order from them again, which is too bad since I have enjoyed the shirts as part of the SSS experience -- meeting up in person to receive them as well.

Todd

Personal experience with the new T-shirt system has not been good.

1) Ordered and received a 3BF t-shirt in early March with no problems.

2) On April 4, I ordered RTR and Corinthian shirts. Credit card charged, but nothing ever shipped. Eventually got a refund on July 1. I really just wanted the shirts.
    -- 6 weeks after my order, I checked in on it. the owner (?) called me to apologize and promised to get them out very soon.
    -- a additional month later I asked for a refund because I was tired of waiting. It took another follow up from me and a couple more weeks to finally get the refund. I was hoping he would insist on sending me the shirts instead.

Did anyone get RTR or Corinthian shirts? My hunch is that ordering for individual events is so sparse it's not worth Pirates Lair's effort to make and ship them.

In any case, I'm not planning to order from them again, which is too bad since I have enjoyed the shirts as part of the SSS experience -- meeting up in person to receive them as well.

Todd