Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 333940414243

Thread: What I Saw

Quote Originally Posted by Philpott View Post
    Just got back from the annual Owl Harbor Swap Meet with lots of stories and some photos. I have a new, swanky XPS 13 Dell laptop and I'm not quite sure how the photos will work, so here goes:

Attachment 9070

Well, good. That seems to work for me. Didn't have to go through all the previous permuations. Must be because my laptop is smarter than me.

Ripley and Tillie jumped into this inflatable, called out "Daddy! Daddy! Can we have this boat?"
    Daddy said "yes". The seller and dad knew the drill. The seller said, "I'll throw in the engine, you just have to replace the fuel cable." Daddy said, "Well, thank you. You don't have to do that. I'll buy it from you." The seller said, "Oh, no, take it." Don't you love swap meets like that?

I bought this yesterday at the Swap Meet in Isleton for $1.

Attachment 9071

I certainly love swap meets like that

And then there are the bathrooms at Owl Harbor. Oh my! So nice.

Attachment 9072

Let's see. What else? Well, the alfalfa has been baled. Here's what I saw from the levee road. Notice the tanker making its way upriver over on the San Joaquin.

Attachment 9073

Was it hot? Well, sure. It was 88 glorious degrees at noon. Winds were 10-17 knots. There were whitecaps on the Sacramento at 7:50 am. If you like sailing, the San Joaquin does not disappoint.

Attachment 9074

And yes, the tunnels are still being fought. So, Kids? Prepare your netting and stock up on water. Call up Devery if you want a slip at Owl Harbor, otherwise prepare to anchor wherever you choose. There are no AIS transponder requirements in the Delta.
    We must have walked right by you! Me, The Real Jacqueline, our Grandson and Jacqueline were at Owl Harbor on the swap meet weekend. I told the gal at the office I knew the esteemed author of your book which was on display. She responded oh yea Jackie was here at the swap meet yesterday. What?!

Awwww, Mike. Sorry I missed you and The Real Jacqueline! Got photos of the new crew?

Gosh, the posts on this forum have gotten thin. But then I run into someone at Blue Pelican or a random location and someone says, "Hey! I loved that article you wrote about _________!" So I know people still know how to read and enjoy reading about boats. Specially in the Delta.

https://yachtsmanmagazine.com/what-i...e-philpott-30/