Page 633 of 634 FirstFirst ... 133533583623629630631632633634 LastLast
Results 6,321 to 6,330 of 6339

Thread: New Boat 4 Sled

I'm glad to hear you were able to keep getting out on the water with Madeline. My best wishes for your continued recovery and regaining of strength.

Bob J.

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Skip, sorry to hear about your cancer. Glad they have been able to treat it, and I hope you can recover back to full energy soon.

Best wishes for your continued recovery.

I saw an article that described the current Soquel Cove population of juvenile white sharks as two to three times of what it has been in previous years. Have you had a chance to see any this year?

Sam

Name:  Weird.jpeg
Views: 194
Size:  7.4 KB

Can anyone tell us why 2025 Singlehanded Transpackers should be alert to the above aid to navigation?

Quote Originally Posted by sleddog View Post
    Name:  Weird.jpeg
Views: 194
Size:  7.4 KB

Can anyone tell us why 2025 Singlehanded Transpackers should be alert to the above aid to navigation?
    This light was named after the Transpackers.
    The Sea is my Church; the Boat is my Pew.

Ouch!...I'm sorry to hear this, Skip. I hope the treatments are going well and you're back up and sailing ASAP.
    1968 Selmer Series 9 B-flat and A clarinets
    1962 Buesher "Aristocrat" tenor saxophone
    Piper One Design 24, Hull #35; "Alpha"

Given the offshore forecast for NW 25-35 and 10-14' seas, my guess is the RC will wisely postpone tomorrow's Long Pac. I well remember in 2014 when Cal-40 CALIFORNIA GIRL, reaching on port tack, was rolled down with the masthead in the water by a breaking wave outside the Farallones, stoving in the lee side cabin windows and filling the boat. The Lessleys got her bailed, but it was a near thing on their return from Hawaii.

PS: The Lighthouse above near Portland, Maine is the Bug Light. Thanks to Hedgehog for this little titbit
    Last edited by sleddog; 06-28-2024 at 09:24 PM.

Not sure what I did to gain the ire of a psuedo-sailor who pretends to know how to navigate showing up on these pages presenting anything but Grace. I would say to you sir, you are insulting. You might learn how to spell before pretending to lecture on navigation.

I wrote that "if you reach 126.40 degrees W and turn back for SF, you will not have completed your SHTP Qualifier required distance and may have to do it all over again." That statement is correct as you will be 32 nautical miles short of 400 miles.

And yes, as has been proven, if on your SHTP Qualifier you reach 100+ miles offshore, break your rig, rudder, patience, or for whatever reason decide not to return to SF, you can jury rig your issue, get downwind to another port, say Santa Barbara, and put your boat on a trailer having completed your Qualifier.

Mr. Lacking Grace, you can't even hold a job as head instructor at OCSC. If you wish to regain some credibility on these pages, you might first join SSS. Otherwise, you are blowing smoke, not turning the wind.
    Last edited by sleddog; 07-04-2024 at 05:55 PM.

I have a friend who loves to sail, tutors youth, and is an aspiring author and photographer. Her Substack account are mostly short observations, poetic prose and beautiful photos. Many are love stories and some about wind, wave, and water.

Feel the wind on your skin, veering and backing. Locate yourself with the wind on your skin and trust what you feel. It travels from the northwest, now veers to the north, now backs to the west. It’s talking of a long journey. It traveled through a downburst, through highs, lows, gales, and storms. When I feel the wind I trim an invisible sail, starboard or port tack, a kind of pledge of allegiance to air.

And her is a link to 17 others https://sallyleestewart.substack.com/archive

I know she would greatly appreciate any comments, Likes, encouragements, even a small pledge to support her work. Thank you.

Each time I step under the walnut tree I am crowned by the leaves. A bumble bee appears and disappears into the orange bowl of the poppies. The Madame Alfred Carriere rose bush, a giantess after two years of heavy rain, is 15 feet high, fragrant, bobbing in the wind over the chicken run. The wind touches me, behind the right ear, slips through my hair, cools my right mandible, circles a bit in my ear, and says it all, departing as it arrives, gathering my vibrations for something I don’t understand, not yet.
    Last edited by sleddog; 07-06-2024 at 12:07 PM.