Shorthanded Sailors - I recently purchased "Willpower" a custom IOR Peterson 42 built at Dencho for Will Philips, hence the name. After years of racing Dennis Choate converted her into a fast cruiser with a hard dodger and below deck comfort. Luckily with the purchase she was grandfathered into the Channel Islands Marina. Before I bring her home to SF, it seem like the perfect opportunity to hang out down here and explore warm SoCal cruising.

The Channel Islands are close for a day trip but I am not seeing any safe anchorages on the charts. Santa Barbara is a day trip north, however, with Catalina just 70 miles south, seems like the perfect extended destination. The seller tells me "Willpower" has been to Catalina a lot however to get a "ball" is not always easy.

I have been encouraged to share my trials & errors down here and I will, however, it would be great to hear from others about their cruising Catalina and SoCal, especially shorthanded. I will post some pictures as things develop...Rick