Thread: Live Meetings.....

Default Live Meetings.....

Well it's great that the SSS is going to do a live get together for the 3BF..... however traditionally the SSS never held meetings on weekends so there is less likely for a conflict with other races, family, etc. Such as it is I will be missing out on the live meeting. I miss the mid-week meetings.

Thinking positively, perhaps there are other SSSers who could never make weeknight meetings but can attend a Sunday session.

You'll be missed.

That could very well be but it is true that people race other series on the weekends.... such as the Corinthian MW this weekend or attend family events. We meet on Wednesdays for decades and they were well attended. I still vote for getting back to where we were, meeting live before and after each race. It was a very special part of the SSS secret sauce. No need to reply.

Well I cry for live meeting then don't even know that there is one tonight at OYC...... I just saw it on Instagram for the first time just now. I do see it buried at the bottom of the last cover page post which I didn't catch. Don't recall seeing a jibeset email notice going out for the meeting or such.

Sorry to have missed you, Solosailor.

I'd included a meeting notice at the bottom of the "Sort of Singlehanded South Bay" announcement, in an effort to cut down on spam.

Perhaps the best way to do this is to make an .ics calendar file that people can import into their own calendars. I cannot email something like that via jibeset, or post it on jibeset, but our web team has kindly put my prototype of such a calendar on the top of the main page of sfbaysss.org.

Please try importing it to confirm it works for you, and stand by for a more complete version --- the prototype just has a small number of the events we'll do through the rest of the year. We'll announce on the forum somewhere when a more complete one is ready.

Thank you for racing with the SSS.

Richard

All,
    The late and inadequate notice for last nights awards meeting at the Oakland YC is entirely on me.

We will have a repeat for the Corinthian Awards, combined with the Round the Rocks Awards at our next meeting. We are hoping to set dates for mid week (Tues/Wed) face to face meeting for the remainder of the season in the next week or two. We are awaiting confirmation from the venues before the schedule is published. Look for much better communication on the times and locations soon.
    Chris Case, Commodore