PDA

View Full Version : Half Moon Bay Race and In-Person Shirt Pickup

fauxboat
08-14-2023, 09:10 PM
Attention SSS Racers!

Registration is now open for the Half Moon Bay Race at https://jibeset.net/JACKY000.php?RG=T005984768 .

Come race to Half Moon Bay, and pick up your T-shirt(s) from races earlier this year if you have not done so!

On Saturday September 9th we will race from the cityfront down the coast to Half Moon Bay. It is a fun sail along the coast to Pillar Point harbor, where you can come ashore and meet people.

Even if you are not racing, come by Half Moon Bay YC post-race to pick up your T-shirt(s) from earlier events --- the SSS is not mailing shirts this year to keep costs (and race fees!) down. We'll post pickup times on the Jibeset page for this race as we get closer. If you do not make half Moon Bay, the next (final?) shirt pickup for the year will be Saturday October 7 at Vallejo YC, as part of the Vallejo 1-2 races.

Richard, 2023 SSS Race Co-Chair

Gamayun
08-21-2023, 05:45 PM
SSS HMB racers and those who plan to go by land yacht, the HMBYC is working with its caterer to come up with a dinner everyone is sure to enjoy. We will have a link soon to register for that. Your commodore is also bringing boxes of T-shirts from this year's races so please come join us! This is considered one of our quarterly in-person meetings with the added bonus of being a great venue. Come see the changes at HMBYC including a new replacement dock. I will find out what the raft up procedures will be and what accomodations we'll have for getting breakfast before your Sunday returns. Please let me know if you have suggestions. See you all there!

Carliane, SSS racing co-chair
Kynntana and Blue Pearl

Gamayun
08-21-2023, 06:17 PM
Oh, forgot to mention that HMBYC would like to get a head count if that's possible at this early stage. If you know you're planning to go, please let us know!

solosailor
08-21-2023, 07:31 PM
We'll be there doublehanded.... as soon as I lock down who we are.

Gamayun
08-21-2023, 09:11 PM
We'll be there doublehanded.... as soon as I lock down who we are.

That's good enough for a head count :D

Daydreamer
08-22-2023, 10:07 PM
I'll be there!

Gamayun
08-22-2023, 11:04 PM
I'll be there!

Awesome! I think that makes 5 so far!

Philpott
08-23-2023, 09:25 AM
I'm coming. Looking forward to it. HMB always serves good food. And my understanding is that Dave Morris finally got the permits to build his new home. If he doesn't serve up breakfast the next morning I will totally understand. There are a number of breakfast places within walking distance or I can even eat aboard DM.

fauxboat
08-24-2023, 09:03 AM
I will attend!

Gamayun
08-24-2023, 07:04 PM
Yay! I'll be seeing Dave and Lori this Saturday so will ask him if he's up to serving breakfast and visiting with his sailing buds. They might be there for dinner too. Thanks for the early head count!

PaulA
08-31-2023, 09:32 PM
Oh, forgot to mention that HMBYC would like to get a head count if that's possible at this early stage. If you know you're planning to go, please let us know!

I'll be there with crew - so two more for dinner

Jonathan Gutoff
09-03-2023, 08:42 PM
Christine and I were just at HMBYC yesterday and noticed that there are no moorings in the usual places. If you were planning on one you'll have to anchor. The dock is new and the ferry is back in order for dinghies. Four clubs had cruise outs at the HMBYC this weekend and it was crowded.

Gamayun
09-04-2023, 10:27 PM
Here is the dinner menu. Hope this link works for signups. https://www.hmbyc.org/default.aspx?p=.NETEventReg&evtID=201605&resID=0&ssid=

SSS HMB Regatta Dinner
Saturday, September 9, 2023

Join the SSS HMB Regatta finishers for a lovely dinner and hear the stories about the race. Chef Malcolm will prepare his cold smoked wild caught Alaskan salmon appetizer and pan seared Ling Cod, black olive mashed potatoes, garlicky greens and balsamic & fig reduction. Veggie Option is Roasted root vegetables and winter squash. Hand made summer fruit pie selection.

Philpott
09-05-2023, 07:44 AM
Here is the dinner menu. Hope this link works for signups. https://www.hmbyc.org/default.aspx?p=.NETEventReg&evtID=201605&resID=0&ssid=

Must log in to register. Can't find a way to do that.

Philpott
09-05-2023, 05:31 PM
This from Carliane:

Subject: Week in Review: Sailing, Youth Sailing, Bar Bites, Friday Dinner, SSS Dinner,

Hi All

What an awesome Labor Day Weekend we enjoyed! Lots of guests, great food, and awesome live music. Many thanks to all of the volunteers who helped make it the sucess it was. But we are a non stop club with lots of great things coming up also!

On the sailing side we have Youth Sailing Group instruction today from 4-6 and Supervised Youth Free Sail on Friday from 4-6. For the adults we have Wednesday Night Sailing, Women Sailing on Thursday, Beercan Racing on Friday, Sponsors race on Saturday and Sunday Skippers on Sunday from 2-4.

On land we have Bar Bites by PJ's Catering on Thursday from 5-7:30. We also have Table Tennis on Thursday from 4-7. Join us for Friday night dinner by Chef Malcolm and a special Saturday night dinner for club members and finishers of the Singlehanded Sailing Society's HMB Regatta, also catered by Chef Malcolm. Always fun to hear their stories about the race.

Hope to see you around this week.

Martha

214 Princeton Ave. Half Moon Bay, CA 94019 T: (650) 728-2120

fauxboat
09-05-2023, 09:11 PM
To elaborate on the dinner that 2023 SSS Race Co-Chair Carliane and the Half Moon Bay members are preparing for us, dinner will be:

Cold smoked wild caught Alaskan salmon appetizer and pan seared Ling Cod, black olive mashed potatoes, garlicy greens and balsamic & Fig reduction. Veggie Option is Roasted root vegetables and winter squash. Hand made summer fruit pie selection.

Dinner will be available from 1730 to 1930, so be sure to finish well in advance of the 2000 cutoff time so you can enjoy this marvellous meal.

Note that Half Moon Bay YC does not have keelboat docks, and boats will be anchoring or tying up to mooring balls. Please hail on VHF 69 and a junior sailor may be nice enough to ferry you from boat to beach. If you use this welcoming water taxi, please look for a "junior program" tip jar at the bar.

Richard, 2023 SSS Race Co-Chair

Gamayun
09-07-2023, 12:27 PM
Here's the dinner registration link. Please sign up by Friday noon. It's possible to have a few walk-ins but no guarantees.
https://www.hmbyc.org/default.aspx?p=dynamicmodule&pageid=166&ssid=100152&vnf=1