Decision Time for Philippe

6.25.18 @ 5:59 pm
I’m reaching “Point A” (130W) and need to decide what to do next. It’s not clear cut! Barometric pressure has risen to 1023 mbar and weather charts show the high weakening; I may already be too far North. I’ve ran a few weather routings and they have me come back North over the rhumb line from where I am. Winds have been variable between 15 and 25 kts. I still have two reefs and the #3. This is going to be slow soon; I wonder if other skippers already have a spinnaker up.
Photo by NorCal
I am also running low on the batteries. I’ve switched to charging one battery at a time and using the other one. I haven’t seen the sun more then 5 minutes today.
We’re still very wet here but the water is warmer and I’ve seen a bit of wildlife: a few small fishes jumping and a couple of birds.
And I think I have slept an hour! I feel good although energy level is not very high and I’m still lightly queezy.
I really enjoyed the fast surfing in deep blue water. I love it when DE sails fast. Being here is not comfortable but it is a lot of fun 🙂

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *