Registration is now open for our last regatta of the season, https://www.jibeset.net/JACKY000.php?RG=T009086917
There will be dinner at Vallejo Yacht Club, slips (if available) and rafts ups as usual. SI’s have information if you need to stay at the nearby Public Marina.
If you are on the fence, just do it and come out because your friends would like to see you!
Our Guest Race Chair will be Richard Reitmeyer!
Thank you and see you at the THURSDAY 7:30 skippers’ meeting via zoom.
Remaining 2022 SSS Race Calendar:
October 15th – Vallejo 1
October 16th – Vallejo 2
And be sure to mark your calendar for the 23rd Singlehanded Transpacific Yacht Race –
San Francisco to Hanalei Bay that starts on Sunday June 25th, 2023!
Wishing you a happy, healthy New Year!!
Filled with many sailing adventures!!
2022 Race Calendar
> Three Bridge Fiasco – January 29
> Corinthian Race – February 26
> Round the Rocks – March 19
> SH No Trophy South Bay – April 23
> SH Farallones – May 21
> Long Pac – July 6 (yes, same week as Pacific Cup starts)
> Drakes Bay – August 20/21
> Half Moon Bay – September 17
> Vallejo 1-2 – October 15/16
T-shirts are included with each race. Racers must elect to receive a shirt and plaques for each race, else have the equivalent dollars go toward youth sailing foundations across the bay.
The 2021 Singlehanded Trans Pacific Yacht Race
Start getting ready for 2023!!
The incredible singlehanded sailors!
Back row L-R, Falk Meissner, John Wilkerson, Jamey Wylly, Brendan Huffman
Front L-R, Will Lee, Robb Walker, Bill Stange, Cliff Shaw, Jim Quanci
Not pictured, Kyle Vanderspek, Reed Bernhard
The June 19 start of the 2021 Singlehanded Trans Pacific Yacht Race is rapidly approaching.
Boats are arriving at Richmond Yacht Club.
Final preparations being completed.
Trackers and communications being tested.
Here’s the webcam in Hanalei where we can see you arrive!
Standing Sailing Instructions
SSS COVID-19 Regatta Participation Guidelines
Racing will be conducted in compliance with all relevant county health orders and any additional site-specific regulations in effect at the time of each event that are detailed in the event’s Sailing Instructions (SIs).
General Procedures and Practices for Race Participants
- That exhibit symptoms of COVID-19 are directed to stay home and not participate in any activity that may risk the exposure of others.
- Should maintain a safe distance of at least 6 feet from anyone outside of their household or social bubble* before, during, and after any SSS event.
- Should wear a face covering when in public spaces.
- Are required to provide their own personal protective equipment and to carry a face covering with them at all time during events.
- Accept full responsibility for any potential exposure to COVID-19 that may result from participating in any SSS event.
- All doublehanded boats shall consist of individuals occupying a single household or social bubble.
- The Skipper is the person in-charge of a boat during an event. Skippers are responsible for their vessel and their crew’s compliance with all COVID-19 directives.
- At the time of registration, Skippers of doublehanded boats shall self-certify that they and their crew occupy the same household or social bubble.
- All Skippers of doublehanded boats not able to find crew that meet these criteria are encouraged to race singlehanded.
*Social bubbles are defined as stable groups of 12 people or less who have agreed to limit their social activities to only each other for at least three weeks.
Commodore’s Welcome Letter
Welcome! The San Francisco SSS offers events where singlehanded and short-handed sailors can share knowledge, gain experience, and find a structured environment to expand their horizons. The SSS encompasses everyone from a first-time, double-handed sailor to veterans of the Singlehanded TransPacific (SHTP) yacht race. We are always learning and always sharing knowledge.
Please join us for the full season. And if you have not already, please also check us out on: Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
(Don’t forget to refresh this page often for new updates.)