Notice of Race for Singlehanded Transpacific Race 2021 is now available on jibeset, https://www.jibeset.net/JACKY000.php?RG=T007588480
Here’s the webcam in Hanalei where we can see you arrive!
Year End Awards Presentation
Thursday, 7 p.m. December 3, 2020 via Zoom.
Links and login information to be sent by email to all season participants.
Please join us in recognizing the season championship Trophy winners, season participants, SSS board and Outgoing Commodore.
Meet the new Incoming Commodore.
Plus an update on SHTP 2021.
Standing Sailing Instructions
The Singlehanded Sailing Society
2020 race season is over but midwinter racing with local clubs are getting going.
Berkeley Yacht Club has a singlehanded division. Check it out HERE
This posting is late for entering the full series but single races are available.
Some of this may be old news, especially if you follow the Forum.
Just wanted to freshen up the page a bit.
2020-2021 Vendee Globe
The ultimate singlehanded race is underway.
SSS sailors doing big things!
Winner of the 2018 SHTP, Plans a West about solo circumnavigation aboard the Class 40 Changabang.
PJ started out 9-30-2020 but turned back after suffering boom damage after crossing the doldrums.
Whitehall Stokes, one of our alumni of the 2012 SHTP, is embarking on a single handed, non-stop, un-assisted round the world East about.
Departed SanFrancisco 11-8-2020
SSS COVID-19 Regatta Participation Guidelines
Racing will be conducted in compliance with all relevant county health orders and any additional site-specific regulations in effect at the time of each event that are detailed in the event’s Sailing Instructions (SIs).
General Procedures and Practices for Race Participants
- That exhibit symptoms of COVID-19 are directed to stay home and not participate in any activity that may risk the exposure of others.
- Should maintain a safe distance of at least 6 feet from anyone outside of their household or social bubble* before, during, and after any SSS event.
- Should wear a face covering when in public spaces.
- Are required to provide their own personal protective equipment and to carry a face covering with them at all time during events.
- Accept full responsibility for any potential exposure to COVID-19 that may result from participating in any SSS event.
- All doublehanded boats shall consist of individuals occupying a single household or social bubble.
- The Skipper is the person in-charge of a boat during an event. Skippers are responsible for their vessel and their crew’s compliance with all COVID-19 directives.
- At the time of registration, Skippers of doublehanded boats shall self-certify that they and their crew occupy the same household or social bubble.
- All Skippers of doublehanded boats not able to find crew that meet these criteria are encouraged to race singlehanded.
*Social bubbles are defined as stable groups of 12 people or less who have agreed to limit their social activities to only each other for at least three weeks.
Singlehanded TransPacific Yacht Race Update:
Given the gravity of the recent Covid-19 outbreak, the Singlehanded Sailing Society and registered skippers have concluded that the solo race from San Francisco’s Corinthian Yacht Club to Hanalei Bay in Kauai, with events at Nawiliwili Yacht Club, will be delayed until 2021. Factors playing heavily on the minds of the group included the need to not spread infection, the strain the pandemic has already placed on facilities in both locations, plus consideration of the risk of virus exposure to United States Coast Guard personnel in an emergency. The SSS is moving forward to offer an exciting event in 2021 for the singlehanded race to Hawaii.
Commodore’s Welcome Letter
Welcome! The San Francisco SSS offers events where singlehanded and short-handed sailors can share knowledge, gain experience, and find a structured environment to expand their horizons. The SSS encompasses everyone from a first-time, double-handed sailor to veterans of the Singlehanded TransPacific (SHTP) yacht race. We are always learning and always sharing knowledge.
Please join us for the full season. And if you have not already, please also check us out on: Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
(Don’t forget to refresh this page often for new updates.)