Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SSS Cruise-Down to Sequoia Yacht Club

Default SSS Cruise-Down to Sequoia Yacht Club

October 6, 2018
    There's a lot going on right now, and our focus is on preparations for the 2018 Singlehanded Transpacific Yacht Race, but put this on your calendar for the fourth (!) annual Cruise-Down to Sequoia Yacht Club in Redwood City. We usually meet up at McCovey Cove around noon and have a nice, gentle spinnaker run down there where we barbeque burgers and dogs, sit on the yacht club's classy deck, and then spend the night on our boats.

Next morning we have breakfast and drink lots of coffee and tea before motor/sailing back to our home slips. It's very relaxed and a chance to sit around and chat for hours. Our hosts at Sequoia have always been very agreeable, and member Andrew Rist has made breakfast for us the past two years. Sequoia Yacht Club member and SSS member Dan Dowd, s/v/ Polecat is usually on hand. Last year he sailed up and then down with us.

So keep it in mind. There are prizes, too. The Friends and Family prize for the most people aboard, Oldest shirt, longest trip/highest odometer from your home port, youngest crew aboard and oldest SSS hat. That last prize is thanks to Tom Patterson who had the oldest hat but then didn't show up. He has threatened to move to Anacortes or somewhere up there, but he hasn't done it yet.
    Last edited by Philpott; 05-15-2018 at 06:21 PM.

Default 4th Annual SSS Cruise Down to Sequoia YC

As the sailors slowly return from Hanalei Bay, remember that the 4th annual Cruise Down to Sequoia Yacht Club will be October 6, 2018. We meet in McCovey Cove at High Noon, sail down (NOT RACING. THIS IS NOT A RACE) (hahaha), and spend the night.

Food is provided by the SSS, bring something edible to share, prizes all around. The Friends and Family prize for the most people aboard, oldest shirt, longest trip/highest odometer from your home port, youngest crew aboard and oldest SSS hat. Probably breakfast the next morning for a donation of $5 each. There may even be cupcakes.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Philpott; 08-06-2018 at 09:49 PM.

I'm on the verge of retiring from the Highland Games and that weekend was going to be my retirement party, to be followed by my last Games in Ventura the following weekend. However, said party may not happen so I may be joining you all. Last year the Wildcat flew the Outleader Kite for part of the cruise....perhaps again?
    1968 Selmer Series 9 B-flat and A clarinets
    1962 Buesher "Aristocrat" tenor saxophone
    Piper One Design 24, Hull #35; "Alpha"

Highland Games retirement party is a no-go on account of nobody wants to attend, so the Wildcat will be cruising to SqYC.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanH View Post
    Highland Games retirement party is a no-go on account of nobody wants to attend, so the Wildcat will be cruising to SqYC.
    Be still, my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Philpott View Post
    Be still, my heart.

LOL..I'll bring a mobile defibrillator!

Default 4th ANNUAL CRUISE DOWN

It's time for the Cruise-Down to Sequoia Yacht Club. I have been asked for a show of masts, so please advise here whether you plan to join us.

We meet in McCovey Cove at High Noon, sail down (NOT RACING. THIS IS NOT A RACE) (hahaha), and spend the night.

Food is provided by the SSS, bring something edible to share, prizes all around. The Friends and Family prize for the most people aboard, oldest shirt, longest trip/highest odometer from your home port, youngest crew aboard and oldest SSS hat. Probably breakfast the next morning for a donation of $5 each. There may even be cupcakes.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Philpott; 09-19-2018 at 09:16 AM.

I'm available to crew ... I'd love to practice with the spinny.
    Anyone has a room for a tall Belgian?

Email or call if you plan to Cruise-down:

Jacqueline.Philpott@gmail.com
    or

Meet up with this beautiful boat:

Name:  Apres Sam's 102717.JPG
Views: 449
Size:  236.3 KB

Tish and I are planning to attend!!

Name:  IMG_1940.jpg
Views: 465
Size:  294.4 KB